Tuesday, September 13, 2011

summer time blues

This summer was not only super busy, but also too short!  I feel like it should be spring time still.  This summer I got quite a bit of sewing done.  I made some birthday presents:

Such as... this paper pieced bag: 



And this apron:

I managed to push out this last minute gem in about 24 hours:


Along with embroidery work on the back (my best so far)...






And I have managed to start planning for Christmas.  This guy is going to be a king sized quilt for friends in Alaska.  It has a cool blue, watery feel to the fabrics and design.  I am excited to see the final outcome.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Greetings from Finland! The bag is fantastic! I love it! It's so nice to find other quilters from the other side of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ullan: the bag is really nice, and . what a good way to use this block :)

    ReplyDelete